If your files have started falling off the corners of one-sided desks or you have too much gaming-gear to fit in a tiny space, it might be time for you to start looking for a good, big L shaped corner desk. These desks can not only help you get a more spacious workspace, but also utilize the room’s corner productively. However, as with anything, the presence of numerous desks in the market has resulted in increased difficulty when looking for the best L-shaped desk at affordable prices.
Here, we have rounded up a list of desks, in no particular order, that are gaining popularity quickly because of their increased utility, durability, and design. Remember to stick around and read our buying guide as well to get the desk that suits you best.
The Best L Shaped Desks
Bush Furniture Cabot L Shaped Computer Desk in Espresso Oak
This L-shaped computer desk features a sleek design that is both, modern and durable. It is available in three distinct colors; espresso oak, harvest cherry, and heather gray, so that it can sit well in any environment.
- Features four USB ports on its surface to keep your devices connected and working at all times
- Convenient tray on the far left where you can stash all electronics or files, as need be
- Contemporary design allows you to place the table either along with the wall or opposite it, giving you a cozy ‘cubicle’ to work in
- Surface is 59.5 inches (151.13 cm) long on both ends, giving you ample freedom to work or play
- It is 30.2 inches (76.71 cm) in height, comfortable enough for taller and shorter people, alike
- Drawers on one and cabinets on the other end with fluted glass doors
- Chrome-finished fittings
- The finishing is a paper on medium-density fiberboard, meaning that the surface is prone to wear and tear
- The drawers are a bit misaligned
Ameriwood Home Dakota L-Shaped Desk with Bookshelves, White/ Sonoma Oak
Another popular item on this list is Ameriwood Home’s Dakota L-shaped desk, featuring a wide range of color options with bookshelves on the sides. These bookshelves can be the perfect home for your Blu-ray discs, collectibles, reference books, or files. The table is available in black oak, dove gray, espresso, saint walnut, and pearl white so that it fits perfectly with your room’s aesthetic.
- 2 open bookshelves; a unique and modern design
- 51.3 inch (130.3 cm) long on one and 53.6 inches (136.1 cm) long on the other side, and 28.3 inches (71.8 cm) tall
- The short side is 15.75 inches (40 cm) wide, while the long side is 19.75 inches (50.2 cm) wide
- Grommet holes on the side to keep all your cords arranged and tangle free
- Low height means tall people often find themselves wanting to stretch their legs, especially if the table faces the wall
Monarch Specialties Hollow-Core Left or Right Facing Corner Desk, White
If a spacious desk with a neat and clean aesthetic is what you’re going for, you just can’t beat this L-shaped desk. Monarch has designed this desk in a very elegant manner, giving it a glossy finish that boasts of having it all – a spacious cabinet, drawers, and bookshelves. Storage is, therefore, not an issue.
The table features two distinct colors; white and dark taupe to give you the aesthetic boost you are looking for.
- Made of wood and veneers, thus offering a glossy finish and premium durability
- Interchangeable positions of bookshelves and drawers, thus giving it the ability to face left or right
- Drawers sit on gliders that allow smooth movement
- The dimensions of the assembled table are 60 x 47 x 30 inches (152.4 x 119.4 x 76.2 cm)
- The depth of the surface is 24 inches (60.96 cm)
- Can be placed facing the wall or against it
- Scratch proof finish
- The material is not that thick, meaning that it isn’t as sturdy as it could be at the high price.
Tribesigns Modern L-Shaped Desk Corner Computer Wood & Metal, Black
While all the tables listed here have a modern design and tend to stand out from the crowd, if you are looking for something a little more low-key, Tribesign’s Modern L-Shaped desk is the best choice, since it features a wooden texture on top of an aluminum frame.
The table can be placed with or against a wall, and offer the same, if not more, level of aesthetic improvement.
- CPU stand below the short end, which you can use to place files or books as well
- Available in a wide range of colors
- Made of E1 class environment protection board with steel legs
- The surface is able to withstand 450 lbs (204 kg) direct weight because of the quality surface board
- Smooth finish, perfect for writing without the need for a writing board
- The long side is 66.14 inch (167.99 cm) in length and 49.21 inches (124.99 cm) wide to give you maximum space
- 29 inches (73.66 cm) in height, making it a good fit for tall and short people
- Comfortable metal footrests
- No grommet hole to align cables or avoid a mesh or wires
- Too light and moves with the slightest of nudges when placed directly on the bare floor
Sauder 417586 Harbor View Computer Desk, Salt Oak Finish
For people looking for that ‘wooden’ aesthetic, Harbor View’s Sauder L-shaped desk is the perfect choice; as it is both, stylish and extremely useful at the same time. The table is available only in one finish; the salt oak finish, but it can sit well in any setting without fail.
- 2 small and one large drawer for storing files and gear
- One cabinet to increase storage capacity
- A slide-in shelf for keyboard and mouse
- The long side is 66.25 inches (168 cm) long while the short side is 44.25 inches (122 cm) in length
- Both surfaces are 22 inches (56 cm) wide
- The surface stands at the height of 27 inches (69 cm)
- Contemporary design that fits well in any setting
- Grommet hole for wire management
- The drawers aren’t as good at stacking files
Z-Line Belaire Glass L-Shaped Computer Desk
If you like to work or play in a classy and stylish environment, Z-Line’s Belaire Glass L-Shaped Desk comes highly recommended because of its contemporary blend of metal and glass. The surface of this desk is made of tempered glass reinforced by a metal frame under it. It is available in two styles; one with clear glass and one with a black border on the glass.
- Sliding keyboard shelf
- Raised display shelf for your monitor, collectibles, files or stationery
- Powder-finished metal frame to ensure protection from natural elements
- Welded joints to add extra reinforcement for glass surface
- The centerpiece is in a pie shape and is 24 inches (60.96 cm) wide if you wish to place your monitor in the corner
- The glass can sometimes cut if the protection caps around the frame get misplaced
Best L-Shaped Desks Buying Guide
Comfort and utility are the prime factors you need to consider when looking for the best L-shaped desk. However, the threshold of comfort and utility is different for each person. To make sure the desk suits you, you should keep in mind the following.
L-shaped desks are the perfect fit for smaller rooms where you need more workspace. However, it is still important to consider whether the desk will fit your space or not. Other than the room size, you should keep in mind how small a desk is too small, and how big is too big.
By length, we mean the surface’s length from one corner to the other. Most desks, including the ones mentioned above, are roughly 50-60 inches (127-152 cm) long, giving users enough space to spread their arms.
Basically, you need a workplace where you can put one file aside when working on the other, without having to stuff it all in one place.
While wider tables mean that you get more space to push your laptop to the far end and work on your file, they also take a lot of space. Consider your position carefully before deciding how wide/deep you want your desk to be.
Considering the height of your desk is paramount when it comes to working comfortably, as it affects your body posture. Too high and your shoulders will get tired. Too low and your back will suffer. When buying an L-shaped desk, make sure you take into consideration your height as well.
Your back and shoulders should be relaxed when you sit to work on the desk.
While most people aren’t as concerned about how much storage they get, for some it is the prime determining factor. If you are someone who wants a lot of storage capacity for your games or files, you should look for a desk with drawers, shelves, and cabinets.
Material and durability are directly related to each other, that is no secret. Wooden desks are more durable compared to fiberboard, and fiberboard desks are more durable compared to glass. You should consider how much weight you’re going to put on your desk and how much it can withstand before you buy your L-shaped desk.
The material also has an impact on how scratch-resistant a certain table is. These considerations reflect on your desk’s design as well, as there are bound to be differences in the aesthetics of wooden, fiberboard, and glass desks.
You should establish a budget before you set out to look for a desk. This will help you visualize the maximum and minimum limit of how much you’re willing to spend and what type of desk you can get (material, design, size, etc.).
Remember, you will need to buy an office chair as well!
Left Or Right-Handed
Depending on your writing hand, you are going to incline towards putting things on one side or the other more easily. You should buy a left corner desk for lefties while righties would be more productive when using a right-cornered L-shaped desk.
Not only does a well-appropriated desk enhance your room or workplace’s aesthetic it also makes working on it much easier. The right size and type of desk can help you increase productivity by making sure everything is within reach.
We have reviewed some of the best L-shaped desks available in the market, each with the ability to add class and elegance to your office or room. L-shaped desks are becoming more and more popular because of their space-saving design, and sturdy and comfortable construction.